Monday, July 9, 2012

Small Bags, Big Bags and Stolen Bags!

HI folk! Right here is my last work. I did 80 small lavender bags for my Wedding guests, gathering pieces of material and fabrics from the last trip: London, Malta and my hometown, Carré, in Italy. I Ordered the fresh seasonal lavender from Provence and attached the card with the date and names. Ah, the writing has been the only duty of my busy Boyfriend. ;)

So this period has been very stressing and full of organizational details. To gather 130 friends and relatives from all around the world and fix and feed them for a weekend, was not very easy. But it was absolutely worth it!!

Friday, when all arrived - try to think of a bunch of students they made parties for an year in Norway and now they see after 3, 5, sometimes 9 years! - was difficult to resist to party all night long; Saturday, after a storm, the weather turned to be perfect. The make up man did an amazing job to hide the signs of tiredness on my face and all the friends surprised us with lectures, videos and so on.
I didn't have such big amount of energy and, come'on, I was under stress until the last minute for arranging here and there small things.. but I was THERE and everybody I care was THERE, so how could I be not happy of the result? :)



Like every worthy adventure, there was also a black mark: a rubbery in the middle of the parking place at the time of the aperitif, where a bag from a Portuguese friend has been stolen. It was on the seat of OUR car, just next to the window, obviously after they have broken it...

The next two days we were in the police with our Portugues friends trying to help them to get their documents back for leaving the Spaghetti Mandolino country.
After then, we all went to the Garda Lake. On Tuesday some other friends reached us - two of them after they have missed the plane. Then, we had never been one day alone!

That was a great honey moon! ;)
Here a bag I made for the summertime....and that I used for the first time in the lake's vacation.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment